Google Forms as a source

Slimani
Slimani Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hello,

I hope you're fine :o)

I'm wondering if Aperture could take Google Forms as an input source, in order words if it can consume Google forms

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Ali

Answers

• Danny Roden
    Danny Roden Administrator

Hi @Slimani,

Thanks for your post, intersting question. I'd be curious to understand more about what you're trying to do. I've had a little think about it and I'v got a couple of options which may help:

1. Load the results of a specific form (after it's closed/all users have completed it). Aperture Data Studio can load in Excel spreadsheets, so if you can get the forms data into a spreadsheet then this would be the easiest option. This article shows how you can point Google Forms data to a spreadsheet https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2917686?hl=en-GB.
    2. Alternatively if you want a refreshable connection to the latest forms data, then my iniital thought on this topic is to link the results of a form to a Google BigQuery (see here for instructions) and then you could setup a BigQuery connection in Data Studio.

@Henry Simms can you think of any other routes?

Danny

• Hi @Danny Roden

Thank you for your response.

This is my use case: I'm using Aperture 2.8.8, in need to consume inputs from différente sources:

tables form data base: JDBC connection to the remote DB

Excel files: I will get them in my datadrop zone

Google forms

Regarding this last point, I'm wondering how I can consume it:

1- consuming directly Google forms ? For that, you gave this answer (we have to configure big query external system) I'm not sure id we can do that

2- exporting it's content in Excel spreadsheet , then download the excel in datadrop zone

3- exporting the content of Google forms in Google spreadsheet, then , what are next steps ?