This post simply acts as an index for all the functions shared in this library. If you would like to receive a notification whenever a new function is added, please bookmark this post by clicking on the star icon to the right. Current functions available:
- Standardise Country 🌎 - The function uses reference data (contained within the .dmxd file) to standardise known country aliases to the standard form (e.g. England = United Kingdom).
- Offensive Words 🤬 - The functions contained within this package all relate to flagging and dealing with data containing offensive language. All of these functions uses a domain of offensive words (contained within the .dmxd package) which contains a list of known offensive terms.
- Mask Out Email/Phone 🛡️ - This package contains 2x functions to help with anonymising certain input values, whilst leaving an output that can still be used for non-sensitive analysis.
- Proper Case Surname 📛 - This package contains 2x functions which help with contact data: Proper Case Surname and Validate Surname Casing.
- Get Word ✂️ - Extracts the 'nth' word from a string. Where n = 2 the second word is retrieved, where n = -1 the last word is retrieved.
- Reasonable Date of Birth (DOB) 🔞- Checks the input is a value which seems reasonable as a valid date of birth using user defined min/max age parameters (i.e. a date, not in the future, related to an individual within an age bracket of 16-100 years old)
- Standardise Gmail addresses 📧 - Standardise Gmail addresses for matching purposes (e.g. googlemail/gmail as well as email addresses associated with the same account via the use of '+' and '.' in the account part of the email)
- Job Title Match Key 👨💼👩💼 - Generates a key that can be used to group job titles together (despite presentation differences)
- Invalid Character for Names ☹️ - Finds records where the field contains characters which are invalid for names. Records which contain digits, commas, and other special characters will yield a "true" result. Apostrophes, dashes and periods are not considered "special characters" for this function. This function is not suitable for Validation Rules -- use "Contains Only Valid Characters for Names" instead.
- Compare Dates (Verbose) 📅📅 - Provides a summary of how 2x input dates compare (includes 'convert to date' logic). Output options are: Exact match, Incomplete - Date 1 is missing (or not a date), Incomplete - Date 2 is missing (or not a date), Incomplete - Both dates are missing (or not a date), Close - Day & Month match, Close - Month & Year match, Close - Day & Year match, Other difference
- Convert Boolean ✅❌- Converts binary or Boolean values (i.e. true/false, pass/fail, 1/0) to a graphical emoji icon to aid visual presentation in the UI.
- Contains Non-Latin Characters 🈯 - Identifies the presence of any characters not in the 'basic Latin' unicode block.
- Reverse String ⏪ - Reverses the input (e.g. "Danny R" becomes "R ynnaD")
- Repeating Characters 🔁 - Uses a regular expression to identify records where the entire value of a cell is made up of the same character repeated (e.g. "aaa" or "0000000").
- PCI Detection 💳 (Payment Card Information) - Checks that the input contains 16 char numbers (either as a single string or separated with hyphens/spaces every 4 characters) [AmEx format also accounted for]
- SIC Conversion 🏷️ - Takes a 2007 format SIC code as an input and returns the high level label of the 'category' of businesses which it falls into.
- Future Date Check 📅 (Dynamic) - Checks that the input date is a date in the future (relative to the time of execution).