How to delete Duplicate external systems and tag dataset with the actual one

Mahulima
Mahulima Member
edited December 2023 in General

How to delete Duplicate external systems in a space and then tag datasets that belongs to that external system to the unique external system name.'

ex. I have database abc in my space I see another external systems with same cred is there as abc1 (might be created or cloned when copied one space to other or one env to other) . Now I see many of my datasets are under abc1 which actually should be under abc. How to change them back to abc now?

Best Answer

Answers

• @Josh Boxer In this way then it requires lot of re work in many places, 1st to the DS and then to all the related objects. I hope we get some features/options in future to handle this situation. Wishlist items :)

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Important when moving (metadata) objects between installations to ensure it is done correctly. There are reasons to want to duplicate rather than update objects, but taking a moment to ensure the correct operation is done will save work in future

• @Josh Boxer Ideally while moving objects from one to other should not the tool suggest that the system already exists do you want to relace or create a new one? in that way users will be aware of this and it will refrain to make mistakes?