Aperture REST API calls as Datasets within Aperture

Options
2»

Answers

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Options

OK @Mahulima , it sounds like you want a "list views" endpoint (similar to e.g. "list datasets") but this isn't part of the API currently so there's no way to extract the data you're after. If you add this to the Ideas board the Product team will review and comment.

• Mike Pearson
    Options

Thanks for all the instructions in this thread, really useful to get things going.

Am I right in saying that currently, there is no File Size data in the dataset endpoints? I think the best approximation with the current setup is number of columns times the number of rows in all batches?

If there is potential for this data to be added to a dataset endpoint, please consider this my upvote! 😂

• Dan Mason
    Dan Mason Experian Employee
    Options

Hi @Mike Pearson

You are right in saying that there is not currently a way to pull through the File Size data from the dataset endpoints, but there is a workaround you could try:

You can run a command prompt which lists the dataset folders on the D drive by size:

This output can be saved and uploaded as a flat file to Data Studio:

You can then join to the endpoints in your workflow by UUID (at the end of the filepath).

There may be a better way, but for now at least this would provide you with the File Size.

Command prompt example:

powershell -command "$fso = new-object -com Scripting.FileSystemObject; gci -Directory | select @{l='Size'; e={$fso.GetFolder($_.FullName).Size}},FullName | sort Size -Descending | ft @{l='Size [MB]'; e={'{0:N2}    ' -f ($_.Size / 1MB)}},FullName"

Hope this helps!