Consumer users accessing/updating issues

SpeedySteven
SpeedySteven Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi - Does anyone have any knowledge of consumer users accessing issues? I've set up the consumer users as having access but users are getting a message that they can't access. See attached

Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Hi Steven

Permissions look good, user might need to log back in for them to take effect. As long as the User has access to the Space where the issues are listed they should be able to access them

Let me know if you still run into the problem and which version you are using.

• Hi Josh - The user is part of a group who have write access to the space. We're on 2.9.2.20

Thanks

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    edited December 2022

Hi Steven

The consumer user should be able to access the issues, but when trying to update I was able to get an error message.

edit/update - The Group that the user is part of should have Write (not read) access to the Space:

We will improve the docs and error message to make this clearer.

• Hi,

Steven and I have done a bit more investigating on this one today, and it looks to be related to permissions for consumers on dashboards. We've found that colleagues who have consumer access can see the issue lists, but when they click on a link for a dashboard they are still unable to access.

Is there something really simple that we're missing?

Thanks

Rachael

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Hi

If a user has a Role with permission to View and Update Issues then they will be able to see issue lists and issues

But they still need access to the Space containing the issue lists and to update issues they need to be a Writer in the space (see my previous message).

If it still is not working or you are seeing something different then let me know