Find Duplicates Blocking Keys and Rules in v2

If you have the license for Find Duplicates Fuzzy matching then you could use this functionality to match records based on fuzzy matches. This needs blocking keys and Find Duplicates rules

I noticed that in V2 that the Blocking Keys and Rules are now combined and accessible through Step Settings however I also noticed that there do not seem to be any default blocking keys and rules anymore.

Is there an easy way to set up the default blocking keys and rules from some standard predelivered examples?

Best Answer

Answers

• CarolynCarolyn Contributor

Hi.

I would like to set up a custom Find Duplicates - Not sure how to set up Find Duplicates Rules and Blocking Keys

I have 2 questions:

First Question:

When you select the find duplicates step you tell it the fields (match columns) you need to use. I have 5 lines in my address. Line 1 and 2 make up the address - so might be Unit 1/28 and second column can be street - l am unable to use the same field premise and street. I want the 2 lines to be matched as one field. Why am l unable to do this? I am assuming the fields l map here is the field it has in the find duplicates mapping? How do l do this? I have the same issue with FIrst name and middle names, l am unable to match to the same field. Is there a way around this? I use to use Unify for this matching and l was able to do this.

Second Question

I am not getting good matches, l want to match on first name, middle name, surname and a 5 line address

Also like to add Date of Birth but if you have a date of birth in one line, but not another, l want it to match fully on name and address

How do l setup a custom FInd Duplicates to apply this? Can l copy individual and change somehow to minimise to this set for starters?

Any assistance would be helpful?

thanks

Carolyn

How does this relate to the find duplicates

• Chris DownerChris Downer Administrator

Hi Carolyn - i think i covered this in the post https://community.experianaperture.io/discussion/325/setting-up-custom-find-duplicates-rules#latest

Let me know if you have any follow-ups on this.