Experian Aperture Data Studio REST API error

Hi,

I am planning to automate dataset creation using Data studio REST API, however I am getting 401 Authorization Error.

Background
Experian data Studio version - 2.14.14

SSL setup done on the data studio url and private CA is added to the trust store under E:\ApertureDataStudio\certificates\cacerts

Please see the steps completed so far

1. Created an API key with 1 year validity giving access to all operations in Default environment
  2. Accessed the API from Swagger page and successfully authorized using API key created in step1.

3. Tried to list all datasets in my space (used External Label in API) under the Default environment. Getting below error

4. Also tried to access the REST API features using External Systems (Autonomous REST 6.0). External system created successfully using attached config. However, getting error as below while trying to load DATASETS

Can someone please help me in debugging the issue?

Best Answer

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    edited September 4 Answer โœ“

"images, the Authorization was successful in the Swagger page" - I just tested and Swagger is slightly misleading as if you enter anything like 'abc123' you will see a green outcome that the value has been saved ready to be used, but the value is not actually checked by Aperture until you make an API request.

space not Space! ๐ŸŒŒ๐Ÿš€ external label refers to the environment external label, which is 'Default' unless someone has changed it.

SecurityToken: Default [Space External Label] [API Key], should be Default<keyboard spacebar character>[API Key]

Answers