Profiling multiple dataset

Mahulima
Mahulima Member
edited December 2023 in General

In the Latest version I see there is an option of using multiple datasets in Profile and use all columns. Is there any documentation how to use it as I can not use multiple dataset in the same Profile Transformation

Tagged:

Comments

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

If it is an existing Workflow then you might need to unselect the specific columns to see the 'All columns' radio button.

Once you select All you can run the workflow with a different source each time without having to remap the columns. You might write the results to a multi-batch snapshot for example

• Thanks @Josh Boxer

I have created one WF where I am passing the Datasets at run time , everytime a new dataset which is different in format than the previous one. In the WDF I am using the Profile step (all columns) and the profile result I am storing in Multibatch Snapshot. This way I am getting successful Profiling results in the Sanpshot. But one prob I am facing I am unable to show the Table Name only Column Name I can See there. If I am choosing the Metadata from the Profile Step then the WF is getting Failed

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Thanks Mahulima let us look into it

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

This should now be resolved, so the Dataset name can be included in the Snapshot