Data source and "Filter regular expression" - How it works?

Eekki
edited December 2023 in General

Hi,

does anyone know how  System -> External systems ->  "Filter regular expression" function works?

I added Schema and Table Pattern and they worked fine, but I don't understand how this Filter regular expression have to add, if I have to do some special definitions. Connection type is JDBC.

Can anyone help or know some tips?

Tagged:

Comments

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator

Hi @Eekki

The Table Pattern and Filter Regular Expression give you two methods available for filtering names of the tables (and views) that appear for your JDBC source. Typically you might use one or the other, but not both.

Using Table pattern, you define a SQL pattern. Only tables that match the pattern will be returned. In the example below the % wildcard is used to match any table or view names starting with "User":

Using Filter regular expression, you can define a regular expression for name filtering instead. Only tables and views matching the regex will be returned. In the example below we filter on tables named "ACC1, ACC2, ..., ACC9 and APP.

I've also written a post about regular expressions (related to their use in functions).

• Hi,

Thank you for answer. Your answer was helpful and I got the information I needed. Thanks also for the link to the post.