💡 Submit your ideas 💡

Danny Roden
Danny Roden Administrator
edited December 2023 in Functions library

If you've got requests for additional functions, domains or reference data that you'd like to see in this space please let us know.

When submitting your request, please try to clearly outline what the function needs to achieve e.g. data looks like [THIS] to begin with, and the function needs to do [THIS] in order to make the data look like [THIS].

An example of a good request is below:

I'd like to request a function to convert an alphanumeric string to a date where the input values have had leading zeroes removed (and are formatted as "DMMYYYY" or "DDMMYYYY"). Test values for this function should be "1012000" "12061990" and "6101805" with the results being 'date formatted' values (i.e. "01-Dec-2000" "12-Jun-1990" and "06-Jan-1805").

Equally, if you've got a function you've built that you feel others would benefit from, please feel free to share with us an outline of your function and we'll reach out to you to create an entry for it on the Library which is in line with our documentation standards.

Comments

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

I had a list of names that were a mixture of Firstname Lastname and Lastname, Firstname that I want to make consistent. Since some of the names were comma separated I used the Extract from list Function step, but unsure if there is a better approach or one that would be more generic for similar scenarios

• Danny Roden

Nice idea @Josh Boxer, I like it. I'll reach out to you directly to discuss how we can get this added to the library!

• Danny Roden

Thanks for your suggestion @Josh Boxer, I've just published a new post (👪 Parse Full Name) which includes your function along with a couple of others.

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor
    edited June 2021

@Danny Roden Check this out for a new RIGHT function. Could be one to add into the Functions library. Could also add the LEFT equivalent.

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor
    edited May 2022

Another idea for a function to higlight null/empty values here. This is somewhat a minimal version of conditional formatting in Excel but may be sufficient.

• Sharat Kutty
    Sharat Kutty Experian Employee

@Danny Roden Is there a Finance format function that I could create. Basic concept is if number = negative then put it in brackets and then the number i.e. -100.23 becomes (100.23) and shows up as Red color. All 0 and above shows in normal color and is right aligned. I could not find a way to change font color!

• Danny Roden

@Sharat Kutty nice idea and watch this space! @James Bate is working on some key improvements to cell formatting that'll be of interest 😉

In the meantime, I've produced a new entry on the Community Function library for this request (see Finance Format Number), which produces the following results: