Code going missing in a v1.x job?

Nigel Light
Nigel Light Contributor
edited December 2023 in General

Hi

Are any other users experiencing the frustration of sections of code going missing?

We (@Pavan Rao and myself)  are currently using v1.6.2 (though we have experienced similar issues in previous versions) and have found links to Union nodes (and the whole node itself - plus subsequent Export nodes) frustratingly disappearing from jobs after executing them or saving/re-entering.

Is this widespread (has anybody else experienced similar?). If so, can a patch to fix this be expected?

Regards

Nige

Comments

• Clinton Jones
    Clinton Jones Experian Elite

@Nigel Light this seems odd, please can you or @Pavan Rao open a support ticket and we can get a look at this. In the past this was seen when the server was under heavy load but I believe you are at patch level 4 now and that means all of the identified culprits for application misbehaviour have been picked up already.

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

@Clinton Jones - @Pavan Rao has been aware of this and I have sent him code samples mid-February (another in his in box for his return to work on Monday). Admittedly, the job is fairly large but I have been informed that there is no limit on the number of nodes. We overcame the one mid-Feb (which followed a number of branches) by adding mid-stream snapshots to replace the branches but it seems to be happening with Union nodes (and subsequent nodes) too. I was just wondering if it was i) just us experiencing this and ii) if it was a known issue.

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

@Clinton Jones - a ticket has now been raised (copied you in)

• Clinton Jones
    Clinton Jones Experian Elite

i gave the team a headsup

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

Thanks - Pavan informs me that Akshay should be aware (and I did mention it at the User Group last week but it has since reoccurred - on Pavan's code too!)

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

Hi @Boyko Arsov

Thanks but this is not the case here - @Pavan Rao could confirm but I believe that this job has been fully developed in v1.6.2

I've also tried exporting/reimporting the code - no improvements as the issue still occurred. Replacing (deleting and reimporting) branch nodes didn't seem to help either.

Rewriting would also be difficult... several days of effort (of mine and Pavan's) has gone into this one :-(

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

Hi @Boyko Arsov

Please catch up with Pavan - it was his code that was lost recently.

He will also be able to show you where mine was lost (we had to resort to using export/import snapshots prior to a join to replace a branch)

Nige

• Pavan Rao
    Pavan Rao Experian Contributor

Thank you @Nigel Light for raising this. @Boyko Arsov , @Clinton Jones - This was initially built in v1.5.1 and upgraded to v1.6.2 with level 4 Patch applied. Branch nodes used to disconnect and we replaced all the Branch node with v1.6.2 ones. But the problem persisted so we replaced the problem branches with Snapshots. They seem to execute successfully but when you login to Workflow Designer again, all the steps after Validate - "Results by Rule" disappear. The subsequent connects to union also disappear. This has mainly occurred after the Validate step and the error in the logs refer to changes in the Plan, which may be the cause of the problem. Hope this helps!

• Nigel Light
    Nigel Light Contributor

Thanks @Pavan Rao for the clarification. Any news on a fix and are we an isolated case?