Joining to Validate Function, but keep Validation Formatting

Jasper
Jasper Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi, I have a Validation step, it works perfectly. However, I want to append an additional column via join. When I apply the join the Validation functionality (i.e. status changing colour, drill down to see rules no long available).

Is there a way to join without losing that functionality. Or maybe some hack?

What I am trying to achieve is easier with pictures but unsure how to add them.

I have a validation step that does many tests on a single Field. I then run a further validation step on the results that returns a Pass if the record passes every test, or a fail if it fails a single test. That gives me the number of records that pass all tests. I then test the average pass rate across all rules, (i.e. so if a record passes two of three rules it gets a %_rules_passed value of 66%, I then find the average across all %_rules_passed). I want to join this value to the validation table without losing the validation table functionality.

Tagged:

Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Jasper I am unsure what you are trying to do, but you should now be able to add images if that helps explain

I do not think it is possible to amend the Validation rule result output and keep the interactivity.

I cannot think why the average of the pass rate would be useful and how you would use it? An example might be helpful