Schedule for every 2nd week

Vera O
Vera O Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi All!

I've set a schedule for a workflow with the following criteria:

Recurrence pattern: weekly

Every 2 weeks on Monday.

Although it is still running every week. Could you please let me know if this is a known bug and if it has been fixed in any of the new versions?

Many thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Hi Vera

When you say "it is still running every week", did you originally set it up to run weekly before amending it to run every two weeks?

Can you post a screengrab of the settings page as it looks now? Thanks

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    edited June 2022

Hi @Vera O

While the team investigate this one, you may be able to configure the schedule you want in Data Studio using a CRON expression. With CRON, you can't strictly do an "every 14 days" schedule without specifying a starting day, but you can use a variety of expressions like:

• 0 0 0 1/14 * ? * to run at midnight every 14 days starting on the 1st, every month. Downside of this is that there would be an execution on 29th of the month, as well as the 1st of the following months
    • 0 0 0 4/14 * ? * as above, but starting on 4th of the month and ensuring only 2 runs / month. The gap between executions will still not be consistent between one month to the next, and executions could still happen on any day, including weekends
    • 0 0 0 ? * 2#1 * to run the schedule on the first Monday of every month. You could add a second schedule running the same workflow(s) with 0 0 0 ? * 2#3 * to additionally execute on the 3rd Monday of each month
    • 0 0 0 1W * ? * to run the schedule on the next working day after the first of the month, so useful if it's import to execute on a working day. Add 0 0 0 14W * ? * in a second schedule to also execute on the nearest working day to the 14th, although note that in this case it will sometimes be before 14th.

There are many more options you might chose depending on your exact requirements. This is a great resource for building CRON expressions and understanding when they will execute: https://www.freeformatter.com/cron-expression-generator-quartz.html

Henry

• Vera O
    Vera O Member

Hi @Josh Boxer

Unfortunately, I can not add here the screenshot, I have a permission problem "You need the Garden.Uploads.Add permission to add that".

I mean it is still running every week, although it has been set for every second week. I do not remember setting it for every week, since it was required for every 2nd week when requested.

Could you please maybe test it if it is working on your side?

Hi @Henry Simms

yes, I was using cron expression as a workaround. I used this one: 0 0 0 4/14 * ? *

Thanks!