Group step in Workflow throws java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid handle

Options
Curran Sareen
Curran Sareen Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hello there,

I have a workflow in Experian's Aperture Data Studio (version 2.5.11.115) which unions 24 inputs

From this union, I then have a group step which allows me to see what the validation results are for each category

When I use aggregates, there is no problem but when I group and aggregate together, I get this error thrown:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid handle

The unusual aspect is that I have pretty much a mirror copy of this workflow which is working fine and when I run the combined workflow job, the output is produced without issues.

If there is someone who can help me diagnose this issue, that would be much appreciated

Comments

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Options

Hi @Curran Sareen

Best thing to do here is to raise a case with your local support team, who will be able to assist: https://docs.experianaperture.io/more/contact-support

For them to be able to investigate, they'll likely need:

• The full log files (%DATABASE_ROOT%/data/log) from the day you experienced the issue
    • If possible, an export of the workflow and its dependencies (datasets - schemas only, not data -, functions, embedded workflows...)

In my experience, "Invalid handle" errors originate from the Validate Addresses step, do you have that as part of the workflow?