Error when running workflow

SpeedySteven
SpeedySteven Member
edited December 2023 in General

When running a workflow I get the error message - One or more workflow steps are invalid - but no indication of which of the 20 or so steps might be a problem - is there an error log that will tell me the failing step?

Best Answer

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor
    Answer ✓

@SpeedySteven sometimes, you could have inserted the same step twice onto a workflow without realizing as they appear one on top of the other, something like this. Without clicking Arrange, it may not be obvious to you that you have an additional step there that is not connected to any other steps.

Answers

• I have similar challenge when there is a snapshot as last workflow step. Error message: An unexpected error has occurred during Workflow execution: UNKNOWN: 2046: Session is invalid or has expired

but

• only in scheduled workflow (manually run workflow OK)
    • the mystery is that snapshot is updated to Datasets OK
    • all the workflow steps has been completed

• Sueann See

@SpeedySteven it sounds like you haven't been able to run the workflow, so there is not likely to be anything in the log files.

Invalid workflow steps often show up in the canvas in red or have a red exclamation mark depending on whether you, for example:

In order to identify the invalid steps, you can:

• First, click Arrange, to make sure any overlapping steps are made visible:
    • Then, at the zoom box, you can drag around the mini version of your workflow to identify the invalid step(s) that would appear in red.

We acknowledge this may not be the most straightforward way to getting to the error. We will certainly look at how we can make further improvements in this area.

• Sueann See

@Juha Ritvas your issue sounds like a different one and will require a further look into the log files. Have you logged a case to our support team for that?

• I have not. I need to check with our technical team next week, when they are back from vacation

• There are no error flags on my workflow anywhere - this workflow was an edited version of a clone of another workflow - are there problems with cloning?

• what is the overlapping steps issue? Can that cause workflows to not run?

• Sueann See

@SpeedySteven There shouldn't be problems with cloning, provided all the data sources and step settings used within the original workflow still exists. I suggest you log a case with our support team for further investigation.