👋 Introduction to the Functions Library 📂
This area of the Community hosts our library of re-usable functions for use in Aperture Data Studio.
Whilst Aperture Data Studio comes with a wealth of native functions out-of-the-box, this area of Community has been established to provide a reference library of further re-usable functions that you can easily add to your Data Studio instance as and when you need them.
Functions in this space cover all manner of processing including: data conversion, transformation, cleansing, validation & more. Some even contain reference data domains / lookup tables to support with these tasks too.
Each post contains a separate package containing one or more functions, however if you’d like to get a quick overview of all the functions currently available in the Community Library, please take a look at the Index page
When you find a function that is of interest to you, please follow the following steps to get it loaded into your instance of Aperture Data Studio:
- Download the .dmx or .dmxd file from the post (this is usually towards the bottom of the post)
- In your Aperture Data Studio, navigate to ‘all spaces’
- Identify the space you want to load the function(s) into and select ‘Import’
- Import the file you downloaded from Community and follow the instructions
- After you’ve imported it the function will be available in your specific space
- How do I sharing these functions across multiple spaces?
- To share a function, first ensure it is Published, then select ‘Sharing Options’ from the drop down menu (and then select ‘Share with all spaces’)
- I’m getting an error when I try to import the .dmx / .dmxd package?
- Please ensure you are running a version of Data Studio which the function is compatible with (note this is documented towards the bottom of each entry in the library in the ‘Compatibility’ section). If this doesn’t solve the issue please ensure your user has appropriate permissions to import metadata (you may need to contact your local administrator to confirm this).
- Can I edit these functions?
- Yes! These functions are intended to be used as a template, so please feel free to adapt them to your requirements. After loading them into your instance of Data Studio they will appear as ‘draft’ status in your list of Functions. Feel free to click ‘edit’ and adjust accordingly.
- What level of testing is done on these functions?
- The functions uploaded to this library have been built in line with best practises, include test values (so you can visually see sample outputs) and have been through peer review.
- How do I request further information / suggest areas for improvement for each function?
- If you have any feedback or questions relating to any of these functions, please submit your feedback as a comment on the relevant post.
- I’ve got an idea for a new function / a function I want to share with others?
- Excellent! We’re really keen to hear from you, please submit an outline of your function (or function request) here and a member of our team will reach out to you to discuss further.