Notifications in Aperture - email content

Rachael
Rachael Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi everyone!

I have a question related to the email content on the notifications section. We are trialling this so that we can notify people in the wider community when their rules have been run, and if there are any failing rows. After some trial and error, I've found that at the moment the only way to get the email notification to send is if the content of the email is written on one continual line (so if you use enter to create breaks between sections this seems to stop the email from sending).

Is this currently on the pad as something to be improved? It would be great to have additional formatting functionality within the email content.

Also, as an added bonus it would be great if there was some way of including attachments on the emails.

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Answers

• Clinton Jones
    Clinton Jones Experian Elite

HI @Rachael

thanks for posting your question here.

It sounds like you are encountering a bug. You should be able to use carriage returns and line feeds in the creation of the email message with the '@' prepended embedded metadata indicators. Which version are you using?

As for more advanced formatting like embedding images, using HTML formatting etc, those are on the backlog as candidates for improvement so we'd love to have a call/dialog with you directly to explore some ideas we have and you might have on this.

First steps are we suggest opening a support ticket for this line feed/carriage return issue that you are seeing. You shouldn't be having that problem.

https://docs.experianaperture.io/more/contact-support/

Clinton

• Hi @Clinton Jones thanks for the reply.

Using version 2 - I can only see a limited number of metadata indicators with the '@' indicators, none of which jump out at me as being carriage returns

Just want to double check it isn't one of these before I raise the ticket

Thanks

Rachael

• Clinton Jones
    Clinton Jones Experian Elite
    edited February 2021

@Rachael sorry, I wasn't very clear. There isn't a '@' indicator for Carriage returns, you should be able to use them as you would in any basic text editor.

This could be tied to the type of browser you are using. What are you using ?

• No worries, just thought I would check! Currently using with Chrome