Aperture data studio log file location

HussainSyed
HussainSyed Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi,

I have noticed something now in our prod servers.

The log file generated for aperture data studio is still being created in the old location along with archived log folders, where as the repository resides in the new location.

repository is here right now: D:\ApertureDataStudio\data\repository

and the log file is still being created here, C:\ApertureDataStudio\data\log

I want this to be in the D: Drive as well. I believe that would be best practice to have the log files in same drive where the repository is to avoid any confusion.

I have checked server properties file in my installation directory C:\Program Files\Experian\Aperture Data Studio 2.7.8

and I could not find any property that could reset the path for my ADS log files.

Please let me know.

Note: For our prod server. Find Duplicates is installed as a separate instance on another server and logs for that are logging fine here C:\Program Files\Experian\Find Duplicates\logs.

@Henry Simms your comments on this pls.

Comments

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator

Hi @HussainSyed

Based on the info in the documentation, can you just confirm that you've set both the DirName.ROOT (in server.properties) and the repository.db file path (in the repository.json file)?

Henry

• @Henry Simms , thank you for prompt response.

I have checked server.properties.

I have this path for repository file. DirName.REPOSITORY=path\=D\:\\ApertureDataStudio\\data\\repository

I could not see any entry by the name DirName.ROOT in that file. But this is not also present in our Dev Server but there the log is being generated in the same drive as repository.

the repository.db file path (in the repository.json file)?

I don't understand this comment. where is my repository.json file?

Br,

Hussain Syed

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator

Hi @HussainSyed , from: https://docs.experianaperture.io/data-quality/aperture-data-studio-v2/set-up/install-data-studio-on-windows/#database-folder-locations

If you're changing DirName.ROOT, DirName.DATA or DirName.REPOSITORY you need to ensure that the path to the repository.db file is also changed in the repository.json file. This file is located in the same folder as the server.properties file.

Having said that, it sounds like you should be using DirName.ROOT rather than DirName.REPOSITORY if you want to move everything in the "C:\aperturedatastudio" folder to "D:\aperturedatastudio". DirName.ROOT and other folder settings are also documented in the link above. These keys are not present in server.properties if defaults are being used, but you can add them.