SAP Views as Datasets

George_Stephen
edited December 2023 in General

Has anyone used SAP views as a datasets?

I have a strange situation where SAP View can be defined thru SQL (select * from sap_view) but I cannot define the view as a dataset directly. The view is not visible to pick from. Did anyone face this issue? Is there a solution?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @George_Stephen

It's worth checking that you have the "include views" option checked in the SAP external system config (System --> External Systems --> Your SAP HANA connection). I think it will be unchecked by default:

Answers

• USER_ADDR is the table/view I am using which has this issue.

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Hi George

The dbView is not available to pick from in this list?

Are other dbViews listed just not this particular one?

Can you switch to query and Select * <dbViewName>? What error does SAP return?

• The table is not listed for selection. That is the issue. This is the first time I am using a view from SAP. So not sure if the issue is specific to this one view. I am able to get the data using query (Select * from USER_ADDR). Here the issue is my DEV environment is in version 2.7 where query works, but UAT and PROD environment are in version 2.4 where SQL does not work :(

So do you have examples where SAP views are listed when trying to define datasets?

• Thanks Henry! That was the issue. Once I checked for include views, it is working fine. Thanks!