Performance decrease since upgrade to version 2.6

Alberto Roch
edited December 2023 in General

I have experienced significant performance decrease since I upgraded Aperture from 2.4.9 to 2.6.0. The average execution time of my main workflow moved from around 1 minute to 2 minutes.

Thanks to the new execution log diagram I realized that the bottle neck is the execution of a couple of embedded workflows that are executed in parallel. However the same code execution was very fast with the previous versions.

Is there any known issue with embedded workflows in Aperture 2.6? Any suggestion?

Comments

• Ian Hayden
    Ian Hayden Experian Super Contributor

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll raise a ticket for it and get it looked into right away.

Regards,

Ian

• Ian Hayden

Hi again Alberto, if you are able, would you mind sharing your workflow (and all embedded workflows) with me - exported as a dmx?

Also, we made some significant performance changes to the Validate step in particular in 2.6 and it would be good to know if your workflows make heavy use of this step.

Best regards,

Ian

• Hi Ian, can you share your email please?

I use validation steps in a couple of workflows but I did not see issues on those steps so far.

Regards

Alberto

• Ian Hayden

Hi Alberto, please send to ian.hayden@experian.com

Many thanks,

Ian

• Ian Hayden

For the record, Alberto and I have been in touch and we have produced a tentative fix which (in our tests) increases the speed for short running workflows beyond what was observed in 2.4.9. We are still in the process of testing this, but the fix is safe and will be in the upcoming 2.6.3 release.

Regards,

Ian

• Ian Hayden

It's also worth mentioning that this only affects fast running workflows that contain embedded workflows as it adds some overhead to initial workflow initialization.

Version 2.6.3 fixes this issue.

Regards,

Ian

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator

Version 2.6.3 is now available. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Thanks @Josh Boxer , @Ian Hayden

I will upgrade and let you know if there is any issue.

Regards

Alberto