How to assign a variable value to a column value

Mahulima
Mahulima Contributor
edited December 2023 in General

I want to assign the value of a column to my Workflow Parameter value.

Ex. I have list of the columns like (Rule name, Group Name, Failed row, Passed row etc), I have workflow parameter "DQ Rule". Now I want to assign value of "Rule Name" to my Workflow Parameter "DQ Rule"

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor
    Answer ✓

@Mahulima Alright, I think you are looking for a way to dynamically assign the parameter values for a custom event which is not possible at the moment. We also do not support attachments for the email notification.

What you can do is perhaps create an additional column to summarize the validation results. https://community.experianaperture.io/discussion/331/adding-a-variable-comment-as-a-call-to-action-for-data-quality-issues-found

Then, consider using one of the following methods to provide access to your users:

• Export the results to a shared drive location. In the email notification, provide a link to the shared drive location.
    • Create a consumer report based on the validation results. In the email notification, provide a link to Data Studio (so your users will access Data Studio to review the results)
    • If those users have the designer role, you can also create views based on the validation results. In the email notification, provide a link to Data Studio (so your users will access Data Studio to review the results)
    • Create a snapshot based on the validation results. Use ODATA to publish the Dataset to be consumed by an external application e.g. PowerBI/Excel.

Answers

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor

@Mahulima What steps will you use in your workflow that is dependent on the value of this parameter?

At the user interface, in a workflow, click on Workflow parameters, then set the workflow parameters.

You can enter a default Value for your parameter here and enter a Summary that will be a tooltip for your parameter.

Check on "Configurable on runtime" so that this parameter can be configured when you run the workflow.

When you Run the workflow, you should see the DQRule parameter that you have set up. You can then override the default Value.

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor

@Sueann See I have already tried both of them. But both are for some default value. 1st approach I can only enter some fixed value in the 2nd approach also I can only enter some fixed value at the runtime. But I am looking for an option where it can store the variable value in the workflow.

For Ex I am trying to notify my users when the DQ rules score reaches less than 95%, And in the email body I want to mention the Column/Rule Names for which it is less than 95%

In an workflow I am checking on 10 Columns and lets say out of 10, 2 columns are having less than 95% DQ Score. So in my workflow parameter I want to pass those 2 column names, so that when I Fire an Event and Notification sent to user I can include those 2 Column Names

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor

@Sueann See Is it possible to send the Rule report in an email as an attachment to the users?

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor

thanks @Sueann See . For the time being I am doing the 2nd approach only