Job Title Match Key 👨💼👩💼
Job Title Match Key
The function in this post has been designed to help illustrate an approach (and act as a template for you to build on) to help handle inconsistencies with Job Titles found in B2B databases. In short, the function generates a key that can be used to group job titles together (despite presentation differences). This can be useful to support with cleansing activities.
See below for an overview of the logic used in this function as well as some sample output results:
This function uses a few different techniques to generate the matchkey including:
- Cleansing functions (i.e. to remove noise, numbers and special characters)
- Reference data (to standardise aliases such as 'VP' and 'Vice President')
- Note that the .dmxd package attached to this post contains a sample reference dataset for you to use as a starting point (e.g. VP = Vice President etc.)
- Replace logic to get rid of erroneous words (e.g. 'and' 'of')
- List functions to tidy up the remaining words into a string which can act as the 'match key'
These functions are compatible with all instances of Data Studio from v2.1.11 onwards.