πŸ“Š New chart types

Options
Danny Roden
Danny Roden Administrator

With an increasing number of users now spending more and more time building (and then interacting with) charts and dashboards, there are a couple of additional requests I'm hearing cropping up relating to this so I'm posting them on here for discussion and to get the wider Community's thoughts.

They are:

• Adding some new types of charts, specifically Venn diagrams to help present matching results when highlighting where customer/party data records that have been joined together originate from:
  • And dual-axis charts to allow different data points to be presented against the same series of values (E.g. sales and profitability by county) on the same chart:

• Beyond these there have also been requests for dashboard-level filters that impact multiple different charts (e.g. so the same dashboard can be used by different users with simply a filter at the top to allow them to only see the data that is important to them e.g. fitler by country/department/product etc). Like the below examples from SalesForce:

What do you think? Are these ideas that get your vote? Do you have other suggestions for enhancements to the dashboard/charting capabilities? Let us know with you votes and comments below 😊

6 votes

Gathering interest Β· Last Updated

Comments

• Danny Roden
    Danny Roden Administrator
    Options

@Marco_13112001 did you want to add any further thoughts as I know this was something we discussed at the User Group event a couple of weeks ago?

• Sean Leoszko
    Sean Leoszko Experian Contributor
    Options

Venn diagram would be great. Another option that would be useful for when you want to compare 5+ variables with each other and highlight the stronger relationships are:
    * Sankey/alluvial diagram

https://www.bioinfo-scrounger.com/data/photo/flight_sankey.png
    *Chord diagram

https://www.streetlightdata.com/chord-diagrams-visualization-data/

I see this being useful for reviewing duplicate results and showing what source systems have a stronger relationship with each other vs systems which don't.

• Marco_13112001
    Options

@Danny Roden Apologies for the late reply. Only a couple of additions to your suggestions, the ability to create charts from workflows and more flexibility when setting the size of the charts on the dashboards.