Group in Validate step

Options
Mahulima
Mahulima Contributor

Is it possible to Group in Validate Step.

My Goal is to get the Data Along with the Stat example I want to see how many contacts are active , inactive and Passive along with that when I click Active stats it shows me the data like the way we can do in interactive snapshot.

Best Answer

• Seamus Kyle
    Seamus Kyle Experian Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mahu

Thanks for the explanation. I understand this now.

Certainly, in the current version, you can store the results of a Group Step as an interactive snapshot - with drilldown capability.

I can't remember when this capability was introduced so perhaps you are using an older version that doesn't have this.

So, your options are to upgrade - I know this might not be quick for you to do.

The only other thing I can think of is a bit of a workaround. You could set up multiple validation rules:

Customer Status = "Active"
    Customer Status = "Passive"
    Customer Status = "Inactive"

These would display as 3 lines on the validation output. The users could select one and then drill down on passing rows to see fields with the relevant statuses.

This is not great, but it's the best I can think of.

Answers

• Seamus Kyle
    Options

Hi Mahu

I am not sure I fully understand what you are after here. There are lots of possible outputs for a Validate Step and you can (obviously) group these outputs.

Could you provide a bit more detail of what you are looking for. Alternatively, I have some time free today, so happy to do a quick Teams session to get some more insight.

Seamus

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

Hi @Seamus Kyle , I have a Field Customer Status where I have values Like Active, Inactive , Passive. Now I am using Group Transformation to get below kind of stats

Active

Passive

Inactive

But in Addition I want to Give the business Users that chance where they see the Stats and then can hit the Stats to see the details (Those 100 Records which are active), This can be done in Validate step where along with Stats we can see the rows when try to drill down more and that result we store in a interactive snapshot. But I could not found that Group Option there, And After group if I store in Interactive snapshot it will not show me the rows.

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Seamus Kyle Thats Great , I have this Version now, I did not realise after going to Explore we have now option available to drill down after group. I remember it was not there, but it great that now its available. Awesome. Many Thanks!

• Seamus Kyle
    Options

Fantastic.

Glad to be of help.