Combine Filter/Split step

Options

Hi,

I'm raising this on here as it's come up a few times with various users and I want to see what others' think of the idea to essentially combine the filter and split steps (which perform the same action, with the only difference being the split step allows users to view unfiltered results):

vs

I myself have found on several occassions where I'm interactively exploring data and then adding this to the workflow design, I've later needed access to the unfiltered rows (as well as the filtered selection).

I think it'd be great if we could either combine these steps so that effectively the unfiltered results are always available or perhaps provide a toggle button (similar to how the 'and' function can toggle to an 'or' function on the function editor canvas) so as to provide the same effort (and avoid the need to respecify the filter logic when replacing a filter step with a split step.

Keen to here others' thoughts!

Cheers,

Danny

Tagged:
6 votes

Gathering interest · Last Updated

Comments

• Sarah
    Sarah Member
    Options

Hi Danny - I would definitely like it if we could view the unselected records from a Filter step. I'd be happy for the Filter and Split steps to be combined so this option is always available, rather than having to use a toggle.

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Options

I'm often creating filter steps by using the quick filter in Explore mode (right-click → Keep / Remove) and then using "Add To Workflow". I'm often frustrated that this gives me a Filter rather than a Split. It would be great to be able to easily convert between the two, or to have a Split step created instead when applying quick filtering back to the workflow.

• James Sidebotham
    Options

Gets my vote