If-else flow in workflow

Options
George_Stephen
edited January 25 in Ideas board

Please introduce an if-else logic in workflow step. Currently this is being achieved with issuing fire-events and executing next workflow based on the fire event. It would be nice to control the workflow steps with if-else logic.

Please let me know if there is a better way to execute if-else logic other than using fire events now.

Tagged:
2 votes

Gathering interest · Last Updated

Comments

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Hi George please can you explain the problem you are trying to solve? Thanks

• George_Stephen
    Options

Hello @Josh Boxer , We do use Aperture for some data validation. If there are validation errors, we need to send the list of errors (export validation errors) else we need to send the data elsewhere (export data). So the workflow should be able to export one output or the other output, based on the result of validation. I do not want to export both data all the time. This is the problem I have.

Currently we are achieving this by fire-event (using the option fire only if input has rows). Fire event bad when there are errors. When there are no errors, it is more tricky. We are checking the 'show results by group for analysis' and if the failed count is zero then filter it as a good record and then fire-event good (using the option fire only if input has rows).

Based on the notification of good/bad, the workflow for good/bad export is executed.

This is working ok although this is a convoluted logic. But I have 10+ workflows like this already and they are growing. It would be nice to have a plain if-else logic so that the steps would be executed conditionally .

Does that clarify?

Thanks,

-George

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Thanks the information is helpful. Pleased you have a solution in place for now