Genesys OAuth?

Options
KatriM
KatriM Member
edited January 25 in General

Hello,

Do you have or do you have any plans to add possibility for using Genesys OAuth for creating an external system?

Best regards, Katri

Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Hi Katri

Not something I have come across. You could add this as an Idea for others to support, https://community.experianaperture.io/categories/ideas-board I'd suggest including the problem you are trying to solve and why you think this is the best solution for your needs

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    edited February 2
    Options

Hi Josh, @Josh Boxer @Henry Simms

We are trying to create an external system connection through REST API in Aperture. The Authentication methos type is OAuth2.

Can you let us know which are mandatory to fill in progress Direct Set Authentication Page.

Also which configuration we should use when we are creating the system in aperture and pointing the downloaded .rest file from Progress Direct.

When we create Aperture API as external system we followed below in the Aperture system, similarly want to know what should we use here,

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Josh Boxer @Henry Simms Any Guidance on this?

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

I have never come across Genesys sorry, are they able to give you any guidance on how their tool should be integrated with other 3rd party tools?

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Josh Boxer If you can provide us the Guidance what progress Direct need when its OAuth type authentication and what are the External System Authentication set up we need to do when its this type of API Authentication?

These are totally related to Experian Settings. So if you can guide us here, we will check with genesys on how to get those information. Example When we set the Authentication Type in ProgressDirect as OAuth, we see below options, now from here which all are mandatory? We can work out to get those Mandatory Information.

• KatriM
    KatriM Member
    edited March 7
    Options

Hi,

@Josh Boxer @Henry Simms We've progressed with this OAUTH2 configuration and managed to get some data mapped to tables in Progress DataDirect.

However, we are getting this error message:

Do you know what does <local3> mean here, i.e. is there something which still has to be configured in DataDirect for the endpoint, or is there something wrong with the driver itself?

Also, for some endpoints, we can get tables with some data rows in DataDirect SQL View with GET but for one with POST command, we cannot get anything in the SQL View but we can see data correctly in the Raw View.

I've imported the data from Raw View as json file to Aperture, and that worked fine, several tables were uploaded correctly there including the data.

• KatriM
    KatriM Member
    edited March 14
    Options

@Josh Boxer @Henry Simms @Seamus Kyle Do you have any idea how we could proceed with this issue? It would be very important for us to get this working.

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Options

Hi - From the screenshot it looks like the error is being thrown from the "Configure Endpoints" page? Unfortunately I've not been able to recreate this error message. I'm using a GitHub API OAuth connection, and the endpoints seem to be behaving as I'd expect:

Have you tried downloading the .rest file from the Composer and using it in Data Studio?

The above are all GET queries, but many require parameters which are passed via a WHERE clause in the SQL query that you need to use when loading the data into Data Studio. The same will be true of POST, where the fields in POST body (#post section of the rest config file), get mapped to table columns. The values specified for these columns in SQL WHERE clause will be used to dynamically generate POST body.