Copy dashboards between spaces

Options

Hi,

Is there a way I can copy dashboards, or their underlying charts between spaces.

I am creating numerous ADS Dashboards each in their own space but with the same layout. All will point to a different dataset (always structured the same). I thought about creating a master list of charts and sharing them, then just copying and repointing the copy to that spaces data, but can't do that with shared charts.

Thanks

Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Hi Jasper

You can Clone a Dashboard within the same Space. A user (Consumer or Designer) will see Dashboards from all of the Spaces they have access to:

If you are using a recent version of Data Studio then you could create a template Space containing all of the Views, Charts and Dashboards required, then copy/clone the Space multiple times and edit each as required.

Alternatively you can Export and Sync these objects (Dashboards, Views, Charts) from one Space to another https://docs.experianaperture.io/data-quality/aperture-data-studio-v2/monitor-data-and-troubleshoot/migrate-metadata/

• Jasper
    Options

Clever idea to use the template space and clone/copy it, that will save us plenty of rework, thank you Josh