Aperture on Kubernetes

Options

Hi All,

I would like to check if it is possible to run Aperture on Kubernetes ? I understand from Documentation that it does not support Multi node clusters, but is it possible to run on a Single Node Kubernetes Cluster or can I restrict it to run in just one node ?

Comments

• Seamus Kyle
    Seamus Kyle Experian Contributor
    Options

Hi

Many apologies for the delay in someone getting back to you.

This is something that should technically work (i.e. running Aperture on Kerbenetes, single node). However, in the past whenever we've spoken to customers about, it they've come to the conclusion that Kubernetes isn't a good fit for Aperture.  Because of that, we've never gone down the route of testing it, documenting the process, etc.  

Generally when people use Kubernetes they do so because they expect to benefit from things like high availability, elastic scaling, and the like. Since Aperture runs as a single process, they don't get those benefits.  They do however get extra complexity from Kubernetes.

I hope this answer helps.

Please let me know if you need further information. In particular, please let us know if you are going to proceed with running Aperture on Kubernetes.

Seamus