Timestamp format for Metadata is changed

Options
Mahulima
Mahulima Contributor
edited December 2023 in General

Hi We have 2.12.8 in Development and 2.12.1.16 in Production. We transferred few of our workflows from Production to Development when we had 2.12.1 version in Both Environment.

But when we Transferred the Workflow we observed the Trend Charts is broken, we dig into more and found that the Stats based on the Trend was created got changed(Metadata Timestamp which was used in getting the Trend Charts)

In Dev we had format Like

In Prod

After Upgrade to 2.12.8 also the Timestamp Format is not changed. So is it okay for us to Upgrade to 2.12.8, I am afraid if after the upgrade the Graphs breaks there.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Josh Boxer Can you Please help.

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    edited December 2023
    Options

This may be down to different Date/time display settings between your two systems. Check in Settings > Data Handling:

Your Prod looks to be showing the "default" settings, same as I have above in the screenshot. Dev looks to have been modified to a more standard format (yyyy-MM-dd). In both systems the value should still be stored internally as a date though, so I wouldn't expect this to affect any of your data processing e.g. for charts.

Here's some rule results data I have in my system for 4 hourly executions of 3 rules, and batch timestamps in the dd-MMM-yyyy format:

With this data I can create a rule results trend chart like this:

My line chart uses these settings:

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Henry Simms yes you are right in our dev the format is like below and Prod is like you said

It is affecting because we are then taking the substring and taking the part of the date for further calculating. So I hope upgrade would not break in prod as in Prod Date Format is not changed. Is that correct understanding?

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    Options

Hi @Mahulima - I see, that makes sense.

Instead of sub-stringing your dates, you might be better off using some of the Date and time functions to extract elements you need. Using this approach, you won't hit issues if the date display format changes

Upgrades of Aperture shouldn't affect the date display setting. So once you have got the setting correct in both environments, you shouldn't need to change it again!

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Hi Mahulima

Using v2.12.9 I can create a Chart using the Timestamp metadata column:

Please can you open a Support request with more detail on 'Trend Charts is broken'/'the Graph breaks', i.e. what is the chart displaying or the error message you are seeing. If possible can you can include a dmx of the Workflow
    https://docs.experianaperture.io/more/contact-us/
    https://docs.experianaperture.io/data-quality/aperture-data-studio-v2/monitor-data-and-troubleshoot/migrate-metadata/
    Thanks

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Josh Boxer The reason The chart or trend is not coming for me is what @Henry Simms mentioned above. Is it because we have different Date format in Setting for Development and Production Environment and I am doing substring on dates instead of using get days or get months, so that format change affected my trends