Harmonizing rules

Options
M.Lambert
M.Lambert Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi there, Can anyone help with the harmonizing process?

I have a huge list with names, phone, email, address…I want the most recent record in case someone change email or address but would like the system to include information that are found in other records but not on the most recent, does that make any sense? I can choose different setup for different columns but I don't seem to find a place where I can say if this is null pick the info from another most recent record.

Answers

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    edited October 2023
    Options

If I'm understanding correctly, what you want would be done but using the Select and complete best record processing strategy along with the Score based priority using last modified / updated date:

Using this strategy, null values in the best (most recently updated) record would be populated from one of the other records in the cluster. For example, using this cluster of records from a dummy data set:

The above Harmonize config will select the high-lighted record, but will populate the "County" and "DOB", to result in the following survivor:

The "fill in" values are taken from the next most recently modified record, even if those value are not the most commonly occurring or longest.

• M.Lambert
    Options

Hey Henry, this is exactly what I wanted to do, and that's what my set up look like but for some reason is not working well. I will check it again. Anyway it's good to know that this is what it supposed to do. Many thanks