Creating Solution- Selected all spaces

Options
Mahulima
Mahulima Contributor
edited December 2023 in General

Why I am trying to create a solution all the spaces where I have access have been selected automatically but I want to do with 2 spaces only. Then I am trying to deselect the other spaces but its taking forever and page is then hanging after some time. Just buffering nothing really happens after that

Comments

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

When I am trying to create a solution, all the spaces where I have access have been selected automatically but I want to do with 2 spaces only. Then I am trying to deselect the other spaces which have been selected by default but its taking forever and page is then hanging after some time. Just buffering nothing really happens after that. after long even if the some deselect works when I am clicking on Apply to create the solution, it takes forever, and nothing happened in the end. What I felt is this step is very slow.

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

Thanks Mahulima we will look into it.

• Ian Hayden
    Ian Hayden Experian Super Contributor
    Options

Hi @Mahulima Josh passed this over to me to take a look at.

My guess is that this is caused by the dialog auto-selecting everything in all your spaces by default. The use case we tested it against was for relatively small targeted environments that contained only the spaces and workflows etc that are required by the solution, so having lots of other spaces, workflows etc would definitely slow it down significantly.

I'll get this raised as a bug, but could you provide some more information about roughly how many spaces/workflows are being selected by the dialog (a very rough estimate is fine)?

Thanks,

Ian

• Mahulima
    Mahulima Contributor
    Options

@Ian Hayden Hi Ian I have access to 30+ spaces and by default are are selected . May be because of default settings of selecting all spaces making it slower.

• Ian Hayden
    Ian Hayden Experian Super Contributor
    Options

@Mahulima Thanks for confirming. Yes I think that it is this behaviour that is causing it to become very slow.

I've raised this and will get it resolved as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ian