Remove columns if empty

Options
Vera O
Vera O Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi!

Is there a way to remove the columns which do not contain any data in a workflow step?

I would like to only include columns that contain data but it may change over time and would like to automate it.

Many thanks!

Vera

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Vera

I cannot think of a way to automate this, but you might be able to semi-automate this using Columns to rows then filtering out null rows:

Within the Rows to columns step you would need to manually re-profile to pick up any column changes each time.

Would be interested in understanding in more detail what you are trying to do and why you want to remove these columns.

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Vera, right now you would need to use a Group step to aggregate the columns. However, we are working to improve the Rows to columns step (hopefully by v2.12) to make this easier

Answers

• Vera O
    Vera O Member
    Options

Hi Josh,

I will try that thanks for checking!

Well the reason is that some of the SAP or other views are containing columns with no data and we just simply do not want to display empty columns, but that may change over time when columns are not containing data.

Thanks again, I will experiment with this!

Kind regards,

Vera

• Vera O
    Options

Hi Josh!

I've tried as you suggested and it worked, although I received the result like this after putting back with "rows to columns":

Is there a way to make the values aligned in one row, not to have separate rows?

Should look like this:

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Vera