Help with Blocking Keys for Phone Numbers not generating results

BAmos
BAmos Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hi all,

I'm trying to create two blocking keys for phone numbers, one that works off the first 5 digits, and one that works off the last 5 digits. I've tried several variations of this both in with other blocking keys and now on their own, and they are not generating any results, can anybody help with suggestions of where I am going wrong?

Here is the latest script that I'm using:

[{
"description":"Phone_Area",
"countryCode":"GBR",
"elementSpecifications":[{
"elementType":"PHONE",
"elementGroups":["PHONE1","PHONE2"],
"algorithm":{
"name":"START_SUBSTRING",
"properties":{"LENGTH":5}},
"includeFromNChars":1
}]
},
{
"description":"Phone_Local",
"countryCode":"GBR",
"elementSpecifications":[{
"elementType":"PHONE",
"elementGroups":["PHONE1","PHONE2"],
"name":"END_SUBSTRING",
"properties":{"LENGTH":5}},
"includeFromNChars":1
}]
}
]

For reference PHONE1 is a mobile field and PHONE2 is a Telephone field. I have also run this manually and know that there are blocks to be created from this.

Thanks all :)

Answers

• Henry Simms
    Henry Simms Administrator
    edited June 2023

Hi @BAmos

Just tested this, it looks like you need to lowecase "LENGTH" to "length" for both the Phone_Local and Phone_Area keys, eg:

"name":"END_SUBSTRING",
    "properties":{
    "length":5
    }
    },

With that change, I now see blocking keys being created as expected when using the workbench:

Note that the example phone numbers used here are randomly generated test data.

Thanks, Henry

• Mark Southwell
    Mark Southwell Experian Employee

Hi @BAmos

just to add to @Henry Simms answer above if you change your matching rules to have the following:

it will take into account the names of the Element Groups you have used changing the results from this:

to this: