shutdown due to heartbeat?

Options
HussainSyed
HussainSyed Member
edited December 2023 in General

2023-04-13 08:57:06,646 INFO c.e.d.b.BatchService [Thread-0] Shutdown due to heartbeat timeout
2023-04-13 08:57:16,218 INFO c.e.d.b.BatchRunnerProcessMonitor [batch-client-system-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-5] *** Batchrunner process terminated
2023-04-13 08:57:16,218 WARN c.e.d.b.BatchClientActor [batch-client-system-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-10] BatchRunner process terminated, restarting, current state: CONNECTED
2023-04-13 08:57:16,221 INFO

noticed this log this morning, but service was still UP and nothing happened , and I can see 1 hprof file of 0KB amount in my ADS installation folder?
could that be OOM scenario avoided? @Ian Hayden

Answers

• Ian Hayden
    Ian Hayden Experian Super Contributor
    Options

Hi @HussainSyed, if batch (i.e. Validate address) is not licensed in your installation that error is quite a normal and can be ignored.

The .hprof is more interesting though, what is the date/time on the file?

Thanks

Ian

• HussainSyed
    Options

13.4.2023 9am, HPROF 0KB.
    heartbeat log above at 8:57am .

• Ian Hayden
    Options

For various technical reasons the batch module sometimes crashes leaving a hprof file (it's a c++ native dll). We manage that in the code and it's run in its own process to prevent these from affecting Data Studio, and we auto restart it when it happens. I don't believe this is anything to be concerned about at this point, although it is worth monitoring just in case. These should be very rare ocurrences so if you see it happening regularly it could be worth investigating further.

Regards,

Ian

• HussainSyed
    HussainSyed Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

thanks Ian for response, Yes that is what I thought that ADS smartly avoided the crash and service stayed UP and running. But I will keep an eye if I see regular HRPOF files or any downtime. @Ian Hayden

note: later I noted HPROF was 615mb. I will remove the hprofl file from installation folder.

• HussainSyed
    Options

usually it is quite easy to remove thos HPROF files, but now it says, it is in use by java.exe when I try to remove or move it to another location,
    Should I stop services before moving it? @Ian Hayden
    this was not the case in previous ADS versions.
    currently we have 2.10.1 in Dev.

• Ian Hayden
    Options

It should only be in use by the process that has crashed, so perhaps it is taking some time to create and can be deleted once it has finished? It should certainly not be locked under normal conditions.

If you do need to delete it, please stop services first and kill any remaining java.exe processes to ensure the lock is removed.

• HussainSyed
    Options

Thanks.