Migrating Workflow

Options
abhish
abhish Member
edited December 2023 in General

Hello, Everyone, We are going to install the latest version of Experian Data Studio on our brand-new server. Does anyone know how I can migrate workflow from the old server to a new server other than manually exporting and importing to the new server?

Answers

• Ian Hayden
    Ian Hayden Experian Super Contributor
    Options

Hi,

The main method of migrating workflows is by using export and synchronise. Is there some reason you would not want to do this?

Thanks,

Ian

• abhish
    Options

Thank you for your reply, Ian. The only reason I was looking for an alternative way is to reduce the time of migration. But I think we have to use export and synchronize.

• Josh Boxer
    Josh Boxer Administrator
    Options

You can migrate everything by copying the repository backup:

https://docs.experianaperture.io/data-quality/aperture-data-studio-v2/set-up/install-data-studio-on-windows/#repository-backups

But note that this will be everything! versus Export that lets you pick and choose objects worth keeping, so it can be a good time to do a bit of an audit, depends how well the existing installation was organized

• abhish
    Options

Hi, Josh, I got the following error exporting one of the workflows.

Error:
     - An unexpected error occurred. Please try again or contact whoever manages Data Studio in your organization.

All of the other workflow/datasets were exported successfully and when on my last one it error out. Do you know what is causing this error and how can I fix this error?

• Ian Hayden
    Options

@abhish Can you send me your datastudio.log file (from C:\ApertureDataStudio\data\log) - there should be more detail for error in there that will help.

• abhish
    Options

@Ian Hayden when I export the workflow and data from the space into the browser it went to C drive. and since it reach the threshold of C drive I'm not able to download any other workbook. Is there a way I can export data/workflow to my local drive directly?

• Ian Hayden
    Options

@abhish Hi, unfortunately that is the only way to export workflows and data. Perhaps you might be able to export the workflows and datasets but exclude the data, import it into the destinatio, and reload the data from the original source afterward?