How do we expand on the provided base blocking keys and rule sets on Aperture Data Studio?

Shenae Wilford
Shenae Wilford Experian Employee
edited December 2023 in General

Hi team

I am asking this question on behalf of one of our Credit Services team members. They are looking to create Blocking keys and Rules that accommodate for a text string (Drivers License) and date of birth, but is running into issues. The rules that they are currently using are part of the attachments.

Is there an easy way for the workbench/any other tool to add these?

Answers

• Clinton Jones
    Clinton Jones Experian Elite

@Shenae Wilford I would recommend that you open a support case to investigate issues with your modified rules and blocking keys.

I couldn't tell what version you are running, it is slightly different between v1 and v2

Typically the expectation is that you simply take the proposed new rules and keys from the find duplicates workbench Analyze blocking keys and create a new configuration in the find duplicates step configuration that will use in your data pipeline workflows.

Clinton

• Sueann See
    Sueann See Experian Super Contributor

@Shenae Wilford At the Find Duplicates workbench, you could use

Eventually, you will need to create a new Find Duplicates step setting at Step settings > Find duplicates settings, and insert/paste the modified blocking keys and rules.

If you are struggling with that, then the best way would be to contact support.

Coincidently, we are also looking at how we can improve the user experience for Find Duplicates. Once you've settled the immediate issue, I'm happy to connect with you or any of the Credit Services team members to get your input/feedback on this.

• Ian Buckle
    Ian Buckle Experian Contributor

@Shenae Wilford The first place to start is the advanced configuration documentation on the support site https://docs.experianaperture.io/data-quality/aperture-data-studio-v2/2.3.7/find-duplicates-step/advanced-configuration/#rules

This will allow to familiarize with the key concepts of blocking keys and rules.

I have added into the attached key and rule file an example of creating a blocking key on a generic string for the drivers license example and then including in the rules a exact and close match condition for drivers license.