Tagging - remove tags

Hi

I have workflows that have columns with tags. When l union because not all the columns tagged the same causing me issues. Therefore l want to remove the tags on all snapshots

I go into snapshot l can see

tags on sourceid and title for example - l do transform>columns l cant see tag flag or if l take colums. How do l remove tags from the columns? Actually when l add a column l dont see the tag flag

thanks

Carolyn

Answers

• Clinton JonesClinton Jones Experian Elite
    edited August 6

HI @Carolyn clearing tags from columns is simply done using a transformation step you can select all columns and just deassign the columns

• Ivan NgIvan Ng Administrator
    edited August 6

Hi Carolyn,

You're using quite an old version of v2. The transform step has seen much improvements since. We would welcome you to make an upgrade to v2.1 :)

I do not have this version installed, but I have some old screenshots on this. Hopefully it can help.

You can access the tag function via the Tag button as shown below:

You need to ensure that you have a column selected.

To untag a column simply select the intended column and click on the Tag button. You will see the Tag that is assigned to the column. Click on the drop down button.

You will see the all available tags with their checkboxes. Uncheck the tag that has been selected for your column and then click on Apply.

That should remove the tag from your column. Please see if this works for you. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Ivan Ng

• CarolynCarolyn Contributor

hi

I go into transformation step and l see:

l am not seeing tag

• Clinton JonesClinton Jones Experian Elite

@Carolyn which version are you on ?

• CarolynCarolyn Contributor

Hi

V2.0.12 - we had them in v2.0.06 which when l think l put them on

thanks

• Ivan NgIvan Ng Administrator

Hi Carolyn,

Apologies for the late reply. Can I clarify if your using the Transform function within the "Create new View" or "Explore" screen ?

If so, unfortunately, the transform function doesn't allow tagging actions to be performed for the above 2 screens. I will look this up to see if we can improve on this.

Meanwhile, you can still remove Tags by using the "Edit details' option (for Views)

Or use "Annotate columns" for datasets/snapshots.

If you want to do it within the workflow, you need to connect a new Transform step to remove the tags. Let me know if this helps. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ivan Ng